- 2 Duck breasts
- 1/3 c balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3/4 tbsp. paprika powder
- 1/2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 generous sprig of Rosemary
- 2 tbsp. reduced veal stock
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 300 g Edamame
- 75 g green peas (optional)
- 5 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (preferably a grassy one)
- 1 c light cream
- Salt to taste
Madeira flavored red onion
- 1 small red onion
- 1 c madeira
- 3/4 c water
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 red chili
- 20 g peeled hazelnuts
- 50 g of butter
- 1 small shallot
- Chervil (or other herb of choice)
Marinated duck 1
- Press garlic
- Finely chop rosemary
- Combine in a bowl with spices and liquid ingredients
- Allow meat to marinade in room temperature until ready to cook; 30-40min.Madeira flavored red onion 1:
- Slice red onions in thin rings.
- Separate onion “disks” into individual rings for faster cooking time.
- Put all ingredients except chili in a pot on medium-high
- heat; let simmer for 25 minutes.Buttered hazelnuts 1:
- If you were unable to find peeled hazelnuts, set the nuts in hot water and then scrap the peels off.
- Finley chop the shallot.Edamame puré:
- Blend all ingredients together until completely smooth, set in fridge to chill.Madeira flavored red onion 2:
- For the last 3-4 minutes of simmering add thinly sliced red chili.
- Strain away liquid.
Marinated duck 2
- Pat the duck breasts dry with a paper towel
- In a pre- heated pan, sear on medium-high heat with fat side down first for about 5 minutes.
- You can start plating the puré and the marmalade while the duck is cooking.
- Flip meat and sear for about 30 seconds, this will leave the duck perfectly raw on the inside, and seared on the outside.
- Remove from pan; allow to rest for 1 minute, while resting finish buttered hazelnuts.
Buttered hazelnuts 2
- Melt butter
- Add shallot and hazelnuts to the butter
- Put a dollop of Edamame puré on the plate and drag it out with a
- Place a twine of red onion beside the puré by twisting it with a
- Slice the duck in half-inch slices and place on the Edamame puré.
- Sprinkle the duck with freshly ground salt & pepper.
- Scatter the hazelnuts over the duck and serve instantly before the butter gets cold!
- Finish with a sprig of delicious chervil!