With Tawny Port
- Serves: 4 portions
- 4 large dark red/purple plums
- 80 g goat cheese curd
- 10 g Quality chocolate of 85% or higher cacao
- 1 tbsp. fresh espresso
- 1 dl Balsamic
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Slice the plums into disks of 1/2 inch / 1-1,5cm thickness
- Heat up 4 tbs of balsamic until steamy, and pour over plum slices put the plum slices in the balsamic and let sit for 1 hour
- Chop 10gr of dark chocolate, add it to the hot espresso and allow to melt, when fully melted, chill in the refridgerator
- Unless you have bought pre-sliced goat cheese, freeze the goat cheese for 15 minutes if it needs to be sliced, otherwise sometimes pre-sliced chèvre can be found
- Slice cool goat cheese in equally thick slice as the plum disks. Dab the plum pieces on a paper towel before plating.
- Make a tower, add droplets of the espresso-chocolate sauce to the plate, garnish with basil and pepper.
- If the peel of the plums are tart, you can peel them off just before plating