- 240 g frozen passionfruit pulp
- 3/4 c heavy cream
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c silver tequila
- 1 1/2 c crushed ice
- 1 lime (zest)
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. coarsely ground rock salt
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- Combine 1 cup sugar and 3/4 cream in a pot over heat, just until it bubbles.
- Add in frozen passionfruit and whisk until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in tequila. Let cool.
- Combine 2 tsp sugar, 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper and zest of 1 lime.
- Put water on a plate and dip the rim of the glass, and dip into the sugar/salt mixture. (This can be done ahead in dry climates).
- Crush ice and serve.